Click here for the Poway Cruisers Club Activities Calendar.
Here is a current list from 5/7/17 to 6/28/17:
Hey Fellow Cruisers!
Poway Cruiser Members, we have a busy 2 months ahead of us! Hope everyone is ready, cars are tuned and polished and ready to roll. Here’s the schedule:
- 5/20, Saturday: Monday Night Car Club’s 15th Run to the Hills, Main St/HWY 80, Pine Valley. The show starts at 9:00 AM and concludes around 3:00 PM. We’ll muster in the Lowes Parking Lot on Poway Rd at 6:30 AM, and depart for Pine Valley at 6:45 AM. The drive should be about 1 hour. We’ve been assured we have reserved parking next to Majors Restaurant. So far we have only 11 cars on the signup sheet, so there’s plenty of room for more.
- 5/24, Wednesday: Second Hamburger Factory Cruise In of the season. Starts at 5:00 PM and concludes around 7:00 PM. Favorite of show award and 50/50.
- 5/27, Saturday: American Heritage Car Show, Grape Day Park, Escondido. Starts at 9:00 AM and concludes around 3:00 PM. We’ll muster in the Rancho Bernardo Mercado Shopping Center parking lot at 6:45 AM, leave for the event at 7:00 AM. The Drive should take about 20 Minutes. So far we have only 9 cars on the signup sheet, so there’s plenty of space for more.
- 6/3, Saturday: Poway Cruisers Cruise In at the In-Out Burger, 12890 Gregg Court, Southwest corner of Community & Scripps Poway Parkway. Starts at 11:00 AM, concludes at about 2:00 PM after awards and prizes.
- 6/4, Sunday: Madam Mechanic Car Show, supporting the RB Alive Street Fair, Rancho Bernardo. This is a free show, in the parking lot behind 16840 Bernardo Center Drive. You actually enter the parking lot from Bernardo Plaza Court. The club selected this as an event, but so far there are no entries on the signup sheet. If you plan to attend please contact Karen Dunn, Madam Mechanic by email (Karen@PowayTransmissions.com) or by phone (858-679-8000). She’ll need to know your name, model year, make, model, and your cell number. Just drop me an email if you signup and I’ll add you to our signup sheet. We had a bunch of cars at the Poway Spring Street Fair last month, so I’m sure we can do as well for this event.
- 6/10, Saturday: 30th Fords & Friends / Pickups Unlimited Car Show, Grape Day Park, Escondido. Show starts at 9:00AM and runs until 3:00PM. So far we have only 6 cars on the signup sheet. There’s plenty of time to register and signup, so let me know if you’re going to participate and I’ll add you to the list. We’ll congregate in the Rancho Bernardo Mercado Shopping Center parking lot at 6:45 AM, leave for the event at 7:00 AM. The Drive should take about 20 Minutes.
- 6/14, Wednesday: Poway Cruisers at SD Fair, Del Mar. The show starts at 10:00 AM, and we have to be in position to enter the fairgrounds by 9:15AM. We’ll muster in the 7/11 Parking Lot at Penasquitos Dr and Carmel Mountain Rd at 8:30 AM, depart for the fairgrounds at 8:45AM. It should take about 30 minutes to make the drive. As of today, we are over-booked for this show. We only have room for 8 cars, and we have 10 signed up. So at the Members Meeting on May 18 we’ll have a lottery to see who gets to participate.
- 6/15, Thursday: Members Meeting, Hamburger Factory, 14122 Midland Rd, Old Town Poway. Gather at 5:00 PM for dinner and social hour, 6:00-7:00 PM for business.
- 6/22, Thursday: Poway Cruisers at SD Fair, Del Mar. AS with the first show on June 14th, the show starts at 10:00 AM, and we have to be in position to enter the fairgrounds by 9:15AM. We’ll muster in the 7/11 Parking Lot at Penasquitos Dr and Carmel Mountain Rd at 8:30 AM, depart for the fairgrounds at 8:45AM. It should take about 30 minutes to make the drive. As of today, we have 6 cars signed up for this show. We have room for 8 cars, so we need 2 more.
- 6/24, Saturday: Poway Cruisers Members Picnic, Lake Poway. We’re all setup to picnic in the Area 6 Gazebo overlooking beautiful Lake Poway from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM. The club is providing the entries (burgers, brats, hot dogs) including the buns and condiments. Everything else is potluck (potato salad, baked beans, chili, mac salad, deserts, etc.). Linda Bryan is coordinating this get together. If you’d like to participate, send me your name, how many in your party, will drive your cruiser (we’ll have reserved parking right next to our location), can you bring a popup canopy. Would you like to bring some lawn games, and what side dish or desert will you bring to share. The area we have reserved can handle up to 100 people easy, and we have reserved parking for about 22 cars. For those members that are not Poway residents, prepaid parking fees have been covered. You’ll just have to tell the gate guard your with the Poway Cruisers Picnic.
- 6/25, Sunday: 70th and Last Prowlers Picnic, Grape Day Park, Escondido. There is no pre-registration required for this event, just a $20.00 Donation at the event. So far we only have 2 cars on the signup sheet. The show starts at 9:00 AM and runs until around 3:00 PM. We’ll congregate in the Rancho Bernardo Mercado Shopping Center parking lot at 7:00 AM, leave for the event at 7:15 AM. The Drive should take about 20 Minutes.
- 6/28, Wednesday: Third Hamburger Factory Cruise In of the season. Starts at 5:00 PM and concludes around 7:00 PM. Favorite of show award and 50/50.
Hope to see you all at least once or twice over the next 2 months. We’ve got plenty to do, and remember: The Poway Cruisers do bring the fun!
If you want to sign-up for a club activity event, please send an email to Events Coordinator, George Cowman: George.Cowman@PowayCruisers.com
The listing below is the Selected Calendar Events in the classic car community. Each club member has the freedom of choosing the event he or she wants to attend.